A Call For Applicants
The Grassroots Arts Program Sub-grant provides financial support for the Jackson County community and nonprofit organizations that offer programs and projects that enhance the arts for county residents.
Grassroots Sub-grants are awarded to organizations in all cultural disciplines through a competitive application and review process. The applicant organization must be based in Jackson County and produce its programming in Jackson County.
Grassroots Grants are Intended to:
- Provide modest funding for events/projects and publicity/advertising for Artist Groups/ Artist organizations that will enhance the presence of art events in Jackson County
- Support opportunities for Jackson County residents to participate in new and thought-provoking art events in MUSIC, VISUAL ART, THEATER, DANCE, and LITERATURE
- Celebrate the traditional arts and cultures of Jackson County as well as the multicultural aspect of arts in general.
Grants that reflect African American, Asian American, Latino, and Native American cultures may qualify for our Multicultural programming. For these grants, the artist or presenter and the content of the art material should both belong to one of the above groups. Any organization can apply for multicultural funds to conduct art programs/events that meet these standards. Please fill out the regular application for multicultural funding.
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL PROGRAMS FUNDED:
- Art exhibitions
- Artist residencies in schools
- Classes/ workshops
- Art walks/studio tours
- After-school arts programs / art camps
- Arts marketing including website development and research
Interested organizations can apply by completing the following PDF Sub-grant Application and returning it to JCAC at 310 Keener Street, Sylva, NC 28779 or by email at email@example.com.